How do you Begin an Investments Plan?

I think it's time to begin saving money for my retirement.  I don't want to wait too long.  This morning I searched the Internet for advice on how to get started.  There is so much information available!  It will take me time to digest it all.



To begin with I searched for government advice on how to begin investing.  The SEC published this PDF with tips for beginners like me but it's so very long.  And what confused me is this very similar version for students.  Now that I know it is for students I think I will keep the first one.

The NASDAQ is one of the big stock exchanges.  They offer a simple guide on starting as an investor with just $1000.  But I am not sure I am ready to buy my own stocks.

And though I know that billionaires like Warren Buffett buy and sell options I am not ready to read websites about options trading for beginners.  I think this is really for experienced investors who want to go beyond just buying and selling stocks.

I need a little bit of help with simple investing ideas like this Website provides.  The articles answer some of my questions but I have so many I don't know where to start.

The best article I have found so far may be this one.  It tells you how to start investing with $1000 or less and makes it seem less complicated than the other sites.

The future is always coming as my dad says.  We need to be ready for it.  I think now is the time to start.