Holiday Shopping Made Easier Every Year

I love holiday shopping but it has become a chore to keep up with all my favorite stores during the holiday seasons.  Last year I tried to do something different and I found that it left me more time for browsing.  Quite simply, I made up a shopping calendar.

It was just a little black book I purchased at a local store.  I set out the days I wanted to go shopping and noted which neighborhoods and stores I would visit on that day.  It became such a useful item that I shared it with everyone in my family.  The loved it!  This year we are all planning our holiday shopping with little black books.

The shopping calendar is a quick, simple list of days when and where you will go shopping.  I noticed that if I planned my trips to the same neighborhoods I spent less time in traffic crossing town to reach the various malls.  Since most malls are located near many excellent stores in their own shopping centers I just planned on spending an afternoon or evening in one part of town.

As it turns out I was not the first person to think of this idea.  This Website has a very concise list of ways to maximize that valuable shopping time.  Saving time while shopping is important because of all the stress I feel while I am driving through busy holiday traffic.  Those last days before Christmas are the most hectic.

Another way to save money and time is to shop online for in-store pickup.  Or if you have the option of home delivery you should consider that too.  But I don't like to spend much time at home so I prefer in-store pickup for everything but the largest items.

When possible I also car pool with a friend so that we take turns driving and have someone to chat with.  That way you feel less stressed out by the time you reach the stores.  And you also have a perfect lunch companion too!