Have You Ever Wondered about a Lost Dinosaur Civilization?

A picture of Waterfall City from DinotopiaThere are so many things we don't know about dinosaurs because they lived so long ago.  I grew up loving dinosaurs and always watched movies featuring dinosaurs whenever I could find them.


And I love to read articles that share things I did not know about dinosaurs. They are such fascinating, amazing creatures I cannot help but ask if they were not also intelligent.  Dinosaurs lived on the Earth for over 100 million years.  Humans have only lived here for a few million years.  How is it that we evolved intelligence but they did not?

Some people have tried to speculate on how we could look for signs of a lost civilization of the dinosaurs, all in fun of course!  But what if some dinosaurs really were on the edge of civilization?  What if they had created primitive cultures similar to those of neolithic villagers.  What traces would they have left behind?

We have imaginary dinosaur civilizations like Dinotopia, where dinosaurs and humans live side-by-side, but I think it would be very dangerous for humans to live close to real dinosaurs, even if they were civilized.  How different would dinosaurs be from us if they evolved into human-like intelligence?

The Dinotopia books were made into a clever television miniseries starring Katie Carr and Alice Krige.  I really enjoyed it very much.  It is not much like the world I imagine for a civilization of dinosaurs but it was still a very wonderful visit to the world of someone else's imagination.