I Want This Huckleberry Milkshake

I was so craving a milk shake over the weekend I thought I would die.  I couldn't decide what I wanted though so I browsed the web looking for good ideas.  And then I came across this delicious looking huckleberry milk shake.  Mmmm!

Huckleberries have been part of American cuisine for a long, long time.  But they are so rare to find.  I don't think you can buy huckleberry foods in most parts of the country.  That is such a shame.

When I searched for more information about huckleberries I realized I had heard about them all my life.  But I don't recall if I have ever eaten them.  I may just have to order some from the Internet and see if they are really as delicious as they look.

I do love blueberries and a friend once told me that huckleberries are very similar to blueberries.  In fact my favorite breakfast is to have a stack of blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon.  Oh that sounds so good I may have to cook some right now!