About the Webmaster


A big friendly hello to my visitors. My name is Dorothy Chambers, and I decided to share how I switched from regular soda to diet drinks, increased my water consumption, and managed to lose a lot of weight, get my sugar levels under control, and feel healthier than ever before.


I am a mother of three boys who are now all either in college or recently-graduated. Growing up with three boys all just a year apart, I depended on the energy boost in sugary, caffeinated drinks, sometimes drinking as many as twelve cans a day. By the time my youngest graduated high school, I weighed about thirty pounds more than the day I got married, and my sugar levels labelled me as pre-diabetic. I decided to do something about it.

Today, I am proud to say I have gone two solid years without drinking a regular soda. Though I haven't totally eliminated fizzy beverages from my diet, I drink no more than one or two diet drinks every day. The rest of my hydration comes from water, the occasional glass of wine, and fresh fruit juice that my husband (a chef by trade) makes for me in bulk so I can grab a quick glass of fresh-squeezed whatever-happens-to-be-in-season.

If you want to switch to diet drinks, reduce your sugar intake, or have questions about learning to drink water, this site is for you. I eventually lost just over thirty pounds, and I'm no longer anywhere near diabetic.

In case you think my life is all about healthy eating and raising children, I though you should know a few things about me. Now that I'm set to retire and all my kids are out of the house, I've been able to pursue a lifelong dream: joining the American chapter of Mensa, the high-IQ society that I always thought I should be a part of. Besides my work with Mensa, I'm a major supporter of Habitat for Humanity, a devout Catholic, and I'm more than a little hooked on the New England Patriots, thanks to my husband's fanatical devotion. Tom Brady's not so hard on the eyes, is he?

Leave me a comment if you have further questions about my transition, the science behind diet soda nutrition, or anything else I talk about here. I hope to engage with my audience to produce a top-quality site with solid information, and to have a little fun along the way, too.